It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 pm
Change font size
Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club

Lodging, Sponsors, Discounts

looking for a place to stay

Our club supporters

looking for a place to stay

Postby wreckless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 pm

hello everyone..im new to the site and this will be my first trip to harlan . around 8 at the most 12 friends including myself are looking to rent a cabin house mobile home ect for aug 31 and sept the 1st . any info would be greatly appreciated . thanks
wreckless

Re: looking for a place to stay

Postby WaHoo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Have you checked out the listings under lodging? Have you called all of them to see if any had any opening's. Last I heard about all were full.
Bill Troutman,

If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody.

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby wreckless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:31 pm

i have emailed a few but only had 1 reply . wasnt sure if any lodge owners were members on here and was hoping they would reply . as bad as it sounds i would have to resort to the holiday inn . how far away is the nearest motel? and is it atv riding distance . me myself i would bring my tent and post up home for the weekend but some friends are bringing there wives and betterhalfs you could say and you can amagine how 5 or 6 girls are gonna act if they dont have there straightners and blow driers . atleast these girls . no offense to any ladies but id rather be safe then sorry .
wreckless

Postby WaHoo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 pm

The motels are 10 miles from Evarts, no ATV riding with them plus with the Reunions they be full as well. Best way is to try calling the rental's. There are only a couple of rental's on here that are members, the rest buy ad space. North Evarts Campground is not a bad place to pitch a tent as we have newer shower houses and bathrooms there. Good luck. :cool:
Bill Troutman,

If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody.

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby ranger tim » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:49 pm

My wife and I are looking to come up and ride some time in Oct. Most of our rides are sort notice due to our work.We were up there in July just to look around at places to stay and eat.My question is how safe are the motels (Holiday Inn and Mount Aire motel) in Harlan for parking a truck and open trailer with a Polaris Ranger in the parking areas also and other info. on these would be nice. What do you recommend.

Thanks Tim
2010 Polaris Ranger 800xp
ranger tim

Postby WaHoo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 pm

ranger tim wrote:My wife and I are looking to come up and ride some time in Oct. Most of our rides are sort notice due to our work.We were up there in July just to look around at places to stay and eat.My question is how safe are the motels (Holiday Inn and Mount Aire motel) in Harlan for parking a truck and open trailer with a Polaris Ranger in the parking areas also and other info. on these would be nice. What do you recommend.

Thanks Tim

Tim I have never heard of anything going on at one of the motel's but I'm sure that it would be like anywhere else there is always a possibility of something happening sometime. I'm not sure as to what kind of security setup they have.
Bill Troutman,

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby ranger tim » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 am

Thanks for the info. do you know of any events going on in Oct. that they might be busy

Thanks Tim
ranger tim

Postby WaHoo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:48 am

As far as riding the weekend of the 20th is the same weekend of the Hollar Crawlers Haunted Forest ride in Bell County, and the Ky. Mt. Crawlers Truck group are having their Fall Crawl in Harlan. The weekend of the 27th we will be having a ride going out that morning if nothing happens between now and then.
Bill Troutman,

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby ranger tim » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks for all the Info.

Tim
ranger tim

Return to Lodging, Sponsors, Discounts