It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:25 pm
Change font size
Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club

Prayer List / Injured Rider

Burl's Obit

Post your prayer & thought info here.

Burl's Obit

Postby WaHoo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Burl Fee, Sr., 64, Evarts, passed away Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at his home. He was born April 16, 1947 in Cawood, KY and had lived in the Harlan County area all of his life. Burl was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served during the Vietnam war. He was the retired owner of B & D Mine Supply and the current Mayor of the city of Evarts. Burl loved his community and believed in the Baptist faith.
Burl was preceded in death by his parents, John and Mary Collins Fee.
Survivors include his wife, of 26 years, Diane Huff Fee, Evarts; two sons, Scotty Mckenzie and wife, Labreska, Closplint; Burl “BJ” Fee Jr. and wife, Ketera, Evarts; two brothers, James Fee and wife Shirley, Grays Knob; Merle Fee, Hamilton, OH; one sister, Euna Fritts and husband, Ken, Alabama; six grandchildren, Trenton McKenzie, Jarrett McKenzie, Braylee McKenzie, Shayla Dabe, Jayden Dabe, Joshua Marion Brock, all of Evarts. Also surviving is a host of other family and friends.
Visitation will be held Thursday and Friday from 6 until 9 PM in the Chapel of the Evarts Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be conducted Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM in the Chapel of the Evarts Funeral Home with the Reverend Jerry Kirby and Reverend David Napier officiating.
Burial will follow in Evarts Memorial Gardens with City of Evarts Employees serving as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearers will be the many friends and family that loved Burl.
Online condolences may be left at http://www.harlanobits.net.
Evarts Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
BURL_FEE_OVAL.jpg
Last edited by WaHoo on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding photo
Bill Troutman,
Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club

If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody.

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Burl's Obit

Postby Ky Kodiak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Thank you Bill
2014 Kawasaki Teryx 4 800 EPS Sunrise Yellow (The Short Bus)
2009 CAMO GRIZZLY 550 EPS

FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/dale.lee.756?ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/dale.lee.756?r ... Adventures

YouTube Video's

http://www.youtube.com/user/kykodiak100

Harlan County Ridge Runners Atv Club
Holler Crawlers Atv Club
Windrock Atv Club
Cumberland ATV Riders
Ky Kodiak

Postby GutBuster » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:31 am

Mayor Burl Fee was a kind and generous man. He will be sorely missed by all. He always made it a point to spend time with Lil' Gut and always gave him knives to add to his collection. They would sit around the campfire and tell each other stories. Myself as well as my family will miss our friend very much.

Prayers go out for his family and all who knew and loved him! Rest In Peace Mayor Fee!
TAKE THE TIME TO BE A DAD!
GutBuster

Postby blackgnat » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:18 am

This is such sad news and I hate to hear it. I always enjoyed seeing Burl when I was down there and he seemed to enjoy seeing all of the out of towners. He will be missed by many. My prayers to the family and the City of Evarts. RIP my friend.
facebook.com/EddieWright441
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserverd body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up and worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!"
blackgnat

Return to Prayer List / Injured Rider