It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am
Change font size
Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club

Ride Reports

Capuchin Creek 9-1-2013

Post your ride reports, flix and pix after you have rode with us.

Capuchin Creek 9-1-2013

Postby Mudcon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 am

As CornPone Atv Club went back to Scott County over Laborday weekend, we found one of our favorite trails on Capuchin Creek was starting to be graded at the beginning of it. I decided to record the whole trail so if they do happen to go all the way through so we could go back in the future and remember what it was like. If they do go all the way through it the trail will never be the same. The video is rather long due to its a pretty long trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F1K7Mez ... EDPrI7cgPQ
2010 Teryx Sport
Mudcon

Re: Capuchin Creek 9-1-2013

Postby WaHoo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Long time no see ya. So what is the story behind this, any hear say or rumors to speak of. Usually this looks like getting ready to log, mine or drill. If they are only grading why have the haul back trucks? Hate to see any trail destroyed. Let everybody know what turns up on this.
Bill Troutman,
Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club

If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody.

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby Mudcon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:51 am

will do, looks like they had to haul in dirt in one spot to make the road wider. that trail follow capuchin creek and goes in and out of the creek so I wouldnt say I would think they could grade much more without getting into the creek. and really not much good logging I could see they could get down through there to justify the road. there is a mine on top of the mountain. I started to stop and ask the guy on the dozer but didnt think about til I was past him. wish I would of turned around and asked him. if funny that trail is on google maps and is named capuchin creek rd. one day I bet it was a well traveled rd for getting around in that part of the holler.
2010 Teryx Sport
Mudcon

Postby locolouie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 am

dose anyone have g p s coord for this riding area ,I would like to try to make it down sometimes
1994 argo conquest 8x8
ride for the fun of it
locolouie

Postby Mudcon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:30 pm

I have gps tracks from ga to wv all in one master file. do you use a garmin with mapsource software? if you do send me all your gps tracks of your areas you ride and I will add them to mine and if any over lap only add the new tracks and I will send you the master file back to you. email me at west.k@charter.net
2010 Teryx Sport
Mudcon

Return to Ride Reports