It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 am
Change font size
Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club

Campfire Chatter

Trail system

Post away

Trail system

Postby gfisher1180 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi everyone, appreciate the addition to this forum! I am from Indiana and have been coming down to Black Mountain for the past few years and absolutely love it there! The riding, the people, all of it! Anyway, I am coming down this week for the 3rd time this year and have some questions about trails. I can see on Google maps that the trail system extends far beyond the park, are those trails private property, unwelcoming of tourists, or otherwise off limits? I'd love to get out and explore with gps, but wanted to hopefully get some feedback first.
gfisher1180

Re: Trail system

Postby WaHoo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Sent you a PM on the way. :smile:
Bill Troutman,

If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody.

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby Woodsrail1915 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello we come to black Mountain For 8 years we want to go to hole in the wall is there a map to get there
Woodsrail1915

Postby WaHoo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Sorry unless somebody has mapped one out for their self there are none.
Bill Troutman,

If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody.

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby Woodsrail1915 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Ok thanks for the reply if anyone is going to be down there on.October 20 / 24 and knows how to get there let me know thanks
Woodsrail1915

Postby WaHoo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Sent a reply to your e-mail.
Bill Troutman,

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Postby hatfield » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Woodsrail1915 wrote:Ok thanks for the reply if anyone is going to be down there on.October 20 / 24 and knows how to get there let me know thanks
I sent your reply to fish an game I'm sure they tell ya..it's off limits.....what's the point rideing off park....for years it was the way of life...I my self not been on lower stone mtn in 6 years...support the park if it's not enough go to HatfieldMccoy...ride to 5 towns from gilbert..we rode 498 miles..in june...if hole in the rock was legal I'm sure spearhead would of got it an made it part of the new trails...it's on ky wma land now..no atvs..yeah locals still go some get caught some dont...Oct is prime hunting I'm sure game wardens are there...I know va game wardens is going to patrol parts to white rocks a guy has a lease on land an using it for hunting..so I would avoid it...enjoy...
hatfield

Postby pilot09 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm

My wife is from Cumberland and we ride a lot above Lynch and have been to black mountain several times. we are coming down to visit family over Xmas and would like to make it to White Rocks from Evarts if possible. I havent been there for almost 10 years and am not real positive i could make it there without the help of my GPS and google earth. if anyone could tell me of POI or a GPX file would be great. we would like to explore more of south Harlan this time and try to stay off blacktop as much as possible. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
pilot09

Postby WaHoo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Sent you a private message.
Bill Troutman,

WaHoo
ADMINISTRATOR

Return to Campfire Chatter